As caretakers, we naturally want what’s best for our children. We want them to be safe and healthy. Unfortunately, our world is full of toxins that can build up in their bodies and endanger them. They’re found in the environment, in foods and drinks, in personal care products, supplements, household products, and more! What if I told you I had a solution to combat all that? In this blog you will discover some incredible ways to care for the children in your life without putting them in harm’s way.
TummyGize is the perfect blend for little tummies that aren’t feeling so well. Say yes to more belly laughs and fewer belly aches! It contains seven oils that are specifically formulated and blended to soothe and relax.
- Spearmint – gentler than peppermint and enhances relaxation
- Peppermint – supportive and soothing
- Tangerine – rich in limonene (look up the benefits)
- Fennel – used as a digestive aid for thousands of years and mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records, the Ebers Papyrus
- Ginger – soothes, comforts, and balances
- Cardamom – protects the stomach
- Anise – a key ingredient in the Essentialzymes supplement
Are you seeing a connection here? –> Little tummies will love this blend!
Usage: Apply to the belly button and rub in a clockwise motion to follow the normal digestion pattern every 30 minutes for an hour and as needed thereafter.
This blend is amazingly effective! It is rejuvenating, refreshing, and perfect for little lungs. It contains ALL these incredible oils…
- Eucalyptus Blue – unique Eucalyptus oil grown in Ecuador
- Palo Santo – known as the poor man’s Frankincense
- Lavender – balancing and calming
- Dorado Azul – recognized only as a weed in Ecuador until Gary Young analyzed it for the first time and gave it an identity
- Ravintsara – has purifying properties that are a cross between nutmeg and clove
- Myrtle – balancing and soothing
- Eucalyptus Globulus – also found in Breathe Again and can be soothing to muscles
- Marjoram – known as the ‘herb of happiness’
- Pine – shares similar properties with Eucalyptus Globulus and their actions are enhanced when combined
- Eucalyptus Citriodora – traditionally used as a perfume in linen closets
- Cypress – this oil gets things moving!
- Eucalyptus Radiata – cleansing and purifying
- Black Spruce – releasing and grounding properties
- Peppermint – not just good for the belly, opens up the airways too
The four different varieties of Eucalyptus in the blend make it a powerhouse oil.
Usage: Apply to the spine, bottoms of feet, or chest every few hours or as needed. Diffuse as needed. Start with a few drops and adjust as you see fit.
SleepyIze is perfect for calming and relaxing the mind and body before bedtime (or naptime). It contains all these amazing oils…
- Lavender – relaxing, harmonizing, balancing
- Geranium – excellent for the skin; fosters peace, well-being, and hope
- Roman Chamomile – calming, soothing; perfect for adults, children, and pets
- Tangerine – helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Bergamot – relaxing to the mind and body
- Sacred Frankincense – mood-elevating and relaxing
- Valerian – promotes feelings of relaxation and eases occasional restlessness
- Ruta (Rue) – sleep-inducing properties
Are you starting to get an idea of the attention to detail that Gary Young displays as you learn about the properties of the different oils that make up these blends? He was meticulous. He did his research and selected just the right oils that when all perfectly paired together would create a blend that was pure magic.
Trust me… when you experience this for yourself, you’ll believe in magic too!
Usage: Apply to the spine, bottoms of feet, or chest before bedtime or naptime. Diffuse as needed. Start with a few drops and adjust as you see fit.
The name of this blend pretty much says it all, but it involves way more than you are probably thinking. You can grab this KidScents gem when your little one has some skin that needs soothing. You can even grab this oil to help ease emotional and mental hurt or stress… an area we may tend to overlook.
Children have to work through some of the same feelings and emotions as adults do, but at times it can be harder for them to process. Oils have a powerful impact on the emotional center of the brain and can be a great tool when helping your little ones deal with emotional trauma of their own. Check out the oils it contains…
- Idaho Balsam Fir – soothing and rejuvenating to the body and mind
- Tea Tree – cleansing and supports healthy skin
- Helichrysum – known for its restorative properties
- Elemi – in the same botanical family as Frankincense and Myrrh (great for skin)
- Cistus – honey-like scent; used for stress and trauma
- Hinoki – energizing and uplifting to the mind
- Clove – supports overall wellness; main ingredient in Thieves
You can witness in this blend how intentional Gary was in choosing oils that are useful for our physical body along with our emotional minds to benefit the body as a whole.
Usage: Apply Owie topically to the area in need. Use as needed.
Speaking of the mind, that brings us to our next blend in the KidScents Collection – GeneYus. This one is perfect for helping young minds focus and concentrate on projects and the task at hand. Let’s be honest… I’ve never met a kid who couldn’t use a little extra help in this area, have you? Ha!
Take a look at all the oils inside…
- Sacred Frankincense – high in sesquiterpenes which send oxygen to the limbic system of the brain
- Blue Cypress – used to aid in the body’s natural response to irritation and injury
- Cedarwood – promotes a sense of security and peace
- Idaho Blue Spruce – relaxing to the mind and body
- Palo Santo – used to purify and cleanse negative energies
- Melissa – soothing, calming, good for easing stress
- Northern Lights Black Spruce – grounding
- Bergamot – contains mood-lifting properties
- Myrrh – helps balance the production of many vital hormones
- Vetiver – grounding, calming, and stabilizing
- Geranium – strengthening and revitalizing
- Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood – emotionally balancing and grounding
- Ylang Ylang – used for balancing both male and female energies
- Hyssop – known for its purifying properties
- Rose – very high vibrational frequency
Don’t forget… just because these oils are part of the KidScents collection, it doesn’t mean that adults can’t benefit from them as well!
Usage: Apply to the back of the neck, earlobes, forehead, or wrists. Diffuse as needed. Start with a few drops and adjust as you see fit.
Ahhh… this oil is just that – filled with power! It smells like a delicious creamsicle. It’s a unique, everyday blend formulated to help inspire feelings of confidence, courage, and positivity at home, at school, or on the playground. It can inspire, motivate, and empower them for their best day every day. It helps children find their power within!
Check out all the oils inside this blend…
- Orange – has a bright, uplifting aroma
- Vanilla – creates a comforting, welcoming atmosphere
- Black Spruce – earthy and grounding to help balance the senses
- Ho Wood – provides a floral, relaxing aroma
- Blue Tansy – has a floral aroma that is uplifting to the senses
- Frankincense – popular for meditation and promotes a comforting environment
- Geranium – promotes peaceful, spiritual feelings
Usage: Apply to the wrists or back of the neck as needed. Diffuse daily; start with a few drops and adjust as you see fit.
KidScents Roll-On Collection
All these incredible kid-friendly blends come in regular 5 ml essential oil bottles, which make them perfect additions to your home. But did you know they also come in convenient ready-made rollers? Yes!! You can purchase them individually or you can push the easy button and grab a KidScents Roll-On Collection, which contains all 6 blends!
Now you don’t have to worry about misplacing those precious bottles – just get the roller collection for your purse, backpack, or diaper bag and you’re good to go! You’ll be ready to roll at a moment’s notice.
You can even grab a plastic nail polish holder from the local dollar store and set these awesome rollers out for your kids to apply themselves. (Obviously, use your judgment based on your kids’ ages.) This gives you a great opportunity to encourage your children to listen to their bodies and respond accordingly – how empowering!
KidScents Person Care Products
In addition to the line of KidScents oil blends, Young Living also offers an array of personal care products that can be used on your kiddos every single day to ensure nothing but the best is being absorbed into their little bodies.
KidScents Slique Toothpaste
This is the perfect toothpaste for kids of all ages. It makes a great starter toothpaste during those crucial years when kids are getting their primary teeth, but will also carry them to their teenage years, gently cleaning their teeth and gums with safe and natural ingredients. That means NO synthetic dyes or flavors. The addition of Slique Essence and Thieves essential oils make this highly effective at keeping teeth whiter, gums healthier, and combating plaque.
Contains only the finest, natural ingredients for cleansing and balancing the pH of your children’s hair. You can have the peace of mind knowing that no mineral oils, synthetic perfumes, artificial colorings, or toxic ingredients are being absorbed through your kiddo’s skin.
KidScents Bath Gel
This hypoallergenic gel is enriched with nourishing botanicals for a natural clean that is gentle on sensitive skin. It contains Tangerine and Lemon essential oil plus kiwi and cucumber extract – so it smells divine! Just apply a small amount to a washcloth or directly to the skin. Rub gently, then rinse.
This lotion is enriched with nourishing botanicals in a non-greasy formula that absorbs quickly and is gentle on sensitive skin. It replenishes the skin’s hydration and contains only the best ingredients – including Tangerine, Lemon, Orange, and Rosemary.
KidScents Tender Tush
This is an essential oil balm formulated with natural vegetable oils and pure essential oils – including Frankincense, Lavender, and Ylang Ylang – to moisturize and nourish dry skin. Made without synthetic perfumes, mineral oils, artificial colorings, or harsh chemicals, this mild essential oil moisturizer promotes healthy skin while soothing sensitive skin. Apply liberally to the diaper area as often as needed to help soothe and protect skin. And FYI – you don’t have to be a baby to reap the benefits of this balm. Wink Wink! 😉
Not only does Young Living offer our kids easy-to-use oil blends and personal care products, they also offer supplements. Hallelujah! Most conventional supplements contain synthetic ingredients, additives, or are loaded with sugar. Don’t waste your money on supplements that won’t help your children live above the wellness line. Invest in products that will. Check out these supplements specifically formulated with your babes in mind…
It contains both pre- and probiotics. Prebiotics and probiotics help support digestion, the immune system, and emotional balance. They do this by stimulating and replenishing “good bacteria” through the live cultures. MightyPro has 8 billion active, live cultures! You can sprinkle it on cold food and drinks for easy consumption. It also tastes great on its own… think healthy Pixie Stick! Your kids will love it!
I love that they are in individual packets and it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. My kids eat it like candy!
MightyVites include a full range of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients that deliver whole-food multinutrient support to your child’s general health and well-being. Free of preservatives and artificial colors and flavors, these delicious, berry-flavored chewables give your children full nutritional support. It does not contain synthetic folic acid or additives like some other kids’ vitamins on the market. It is extracted using hot water and is no different than the folic acid that is produced when boiling broccoli.
MightyZyme chewables contain enzymes that naturally occur in the body that support and assist the digestive needs of growing bodies and the normal digestion of foods. Enzymes are required for your body to function properly because without enzymes you wouldn’t be able to breathe, swallow, drink, eat, or digest your food.
Unwind is a kid-friendly magnesium supplement that helps promote a calm state, reduces restlessness and eases occasional irritability and sleeplessness, and improves focus and mental clarity in the home and in the classroom.
Get The Best Deal
Before we close out this class, I want to be very upfront with you on HOW you can get these items in your home for the best price possible!
Because Young Living’s offerings change from time to time on how to get discounted pricing and save money ordering, go HERE to get the most up-to-date information for this section.
Thank you so much for reading and taking a look at what Young Living has to offer you AND your kids. I truly believe these oils and products need to be in every home, starting with yours and mine.