Back-to-school time can be a very exciting yet stressful time of year. New experiences, new routines, new exposures and challenges… all of it requires some major maintenance for our bodies.
Using Essential Oils with Kids
Before we dive into the specifics, let’s discuss using essential oils with kids. They are our precious babes and we only want what’s best for them. According to some schools of thoughts, oils shouldn’t be used on children. Do yourself a favor and do NOT go looking online for advice on this topic. You will scare yourself into not using them. Remember, not all essential oils are created equally. Young Living takes GREAT care to ensure you are getting the best of the best, oils that are safe to use on and around your kiddos! We just have to take into account their smaller bodies and learning immune systems. Here are a few safety tips.
- When in doubt, dilute. There are no hard and fast rules about dilution so don’t stress over it. You just want to start slow since their systems are more sensitive than adults’. A good place to test out oils is on the feet. For ages 0-1, start off with 1 drop of essential oil and add 8 drops of carrier (Young Living’s V-6 oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, etc.). For ages 2-6, try 1 drop of essential oil and add 3 drops of carrier. For ages 7-11, try 1 drop of essential oil and add 1 drop of carrier. For ages 12+, use your best judgment based on the oil you choose to use.
- Be cautious using “hot” oils topically. Examples of hot oils and blends include Cinnamon, Clove, Lemongrass, Oregano, Thyme, Exodus II, and Thieves. For some people, Peppermint’s cooling sensation can be too intense. These oils will need heavier dilution and applied to an area that’s less sensitive. Try them on the feet or spine to be safe. Wash your hands after applying these oils by hand; you don’t want any accidentally getting into someone’s eyes. If you do, don’t worry! You can pull the essential oil out with a fatty carrier like coconut oil.
- Start slow when diffusing. Start with just a few drops or less when diffusing around kids. As you see how they respond to the oils, you can increase the amount as you see fit. If you’re in a more open room, you can use more. If you diffuse in a smaller, more compact area, use less. Everyone’s body has different needs and responds to oils in his/her own unique way so start slow.
Don’t let all the “rules” with essential oils overwhelm you. Just get the oils on and around your kids; the oils will do their job. Lastly, involve your kids in the oil process… let them smell the oils, pick out their favorites, and whip up their own rollers and recipes. They’ll love getting to participate and have a say in what gets used.
The Importance of Daily Routines & Consistency
It is important to note that essential oils are not designed as a one-time use kind of product. They are PART of our wellness toolbox and are best utilized by our bodies when they’re used regularly and consistently. Most body systems take about 3 months of consistent and specific support to rejuvenate them. So use them every day; make them part of your daily routine and your kids’ routines. This will also help empower your kids to use their oils on their own as they grow and become adults.
Tips for Using Your Oils Daily
- Have your oils OUT and visible. If your oils are stored deep in a cluttered drawer they will be out of sight, out of mind. Keep them on a stand, a shelf, on a counter, wherever you will SEE them and use them.
- Label and/or organize your oils. Group them in similar colors or organize them alphabetically. You could even set them apart based on certain health needs you have.
- Make rollers. Rollers provide a quick, convenient way to dilute your oils and have them ready for application whenever you or your child has a need. Plus, they fit in backpacks, purses, pockets, anywhere! And they empower your kids to use them when their body needs them.
- Pair your oils with other daily activities you’re already accustomed to. Set a roller by your toothbrush so you apply it every morning. Have a bottle of oil and a carafe of water sitting next to your diffuser on your bedside table so you don’t forget to diffuse at bedtime. Set rollers or sprays near the backdoor where you store your shoes or purse and use them on your way out. You can do this; get creative!
A Happy, Healthy Home
Our homes are our sanctuaries, our place of safety and refuge. But sadly, the products we buy often contain ingredients that endanger them. We are marketed to and led to believe that even the “all natural” products are safe for our families when in reality, they aren’t. Many common household products can lead to health problems like eye and throat irritation, headaches, respiratory issues, allergic reactions, worsened asthma, and possibly even cancer. They contain things like formaldehyde, parabens, phthalates, ethanolamines, triclosan, and most commonly – synthetic fragrance. The word “fragrance” can appear on a label and contain an enormous list of ingredients that a company is not required to disclose, as it is considered a ‘trade secret.’ That means a product could contain some awful ingredients and the consumer wouldn’t even know! Why take the risk?
Thankfully, Young Living has our backs and has TONS of options to help us stock our homes with safe products that will truly make it a secure haven. Let’s take a quick look at a few items…
Thieves Household Cleaner
You can clean virtually every surface with this! It’s incredibly cost-effective because it comes in a concentrated mix that YOU dilute with water. And its plant-based ingredients (including essential oils) make it safe to use around kids and pets. Spray all the surfaces – the lunchboxes, the backpacks, the masks, the coats, the gloves, etc. Thieves it all!
Thieves Laundry Soap
This soap is made of plant-based ingredients and leaves no chemical or synthetic residue. It contains natural enzymes and cleaning agents and of course, the most powerful essential oils on the planet. You can get 64 loads with just one 32-ounce bottle thanks to the ultra-concentrated solution. Your clothes will be fresh, clean, and left with a light citrus scent, not a heavy perfume. It would also be an excellent option for washing masks so you aren’t breathing in synthetic chemicals all day.
These are just two of the MANY items from Young Living’s Thieves line. You are sure to love the Thieves Foaming Hand Soap for back-to-school time with its rich, instant foam that leaves hands soft and clean. Stash one at every sink so you know your kids are washing off the yuck and taking in the good.
Next up is the incredible KidScents line. With things like shampoo, bath gel, lotion, toothpaste, kid-friendly oil blends, and supplements, you’ll have a home filled with all the natural, oil-infused goodness you could ever imagine. You won’t find any mineral oils, synthetic perfumes, artificial colorings, or toxic ingredients in these products. Yay! Note: If your kids have a gluten sensitivity I would grab the Seedlings line of personal care products instead since they do not contain wheat.
Before we move on, I want to encourage you to ditch those toxic air fresheners, plugins, and candles and switch them out for a much safer solution – a diffuser. Inhaling an oil can be greatly beneficial for kids! Breathing in essential oils directly influences the control center of the brain, the hypothalamus. This area sends instructions through our body concerning sleep patterns, mood, behavior, appetite, and the release of certain hormones. You’re not only making the air smell better, you’re supporting your family’s bodies! How cool is that?!
Just like I mentioned earlier, it’s important to incorporate your oils and supplements into your daily routine! Keeping your body above the wellness line isn’t just a one-and-done kind of thing. Let’s take a look at a few basic member favorites you can be using regularly to support your kids all year long, especially during school time.
Legend says that in France during the 15th century, thieves would sneak into graveyards to rob from the dead and dying. According to the tales, they protected themselves by creating a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals. Thieves Roll-On is inspired by those legendary tales. It combines Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils and gives you the assistance you need for any kind of day!
Because our bodies cannot manufacture vitamin C, we can benefit by consuming this powerful antioxidant daily. Conveniently, this one comes in a tablet and a chewable. The tablet would be great for older kids that can swallow pills. The chewable could be used for the younger kiddos. Each one has their own unique amount of vitamin C – the tablet contains 1440% of the recommended dietary intake of vitamin C per serving and the chewable contains 170% DV per tablet. The ingredients in Super C play a role in normal immune and circulatory functions, help to strengthen connective tissues, and promote overall health, vitality, and longevity.
Super Vitamin D
Young Living’s plant-based Super Vitamin D is highly absorbable, vegan friendly, and completely synthetic free. It comes in a dissolvable tablet with a yummy mixed-berry flavor. This source of vitamin D helps support bone growth, healthy muscle, mood and hormone regulation. It also plays a key function in respiratory health, and through its innate and adaptive defense mechanisms, supports the body’s respiratory immune system.
Essential oils can play a HUGE role in supporting our bodies when used regularly. Apply them or diffuse them while you get ready in the mornings and during your bedtime routine. You can even send rollers to school or apply oils to a diffuser bracelet or fidget spinner. If you’re doing school at home have oils at the ready to apply or diffuse while the kids work. Thieves, Lemon, Frankincense, ImmuPower, Longevity, Oregano – these are all great ones to be using daily. Some of these come in Vitality versions too so they can be taken internally in veggie capsules, mixed in drinks or smoothies, or added to food.
These are just a FEW items you can be using daily. There are MANY more you can start to incorporate based on your family’s needs so let’s walk through some examples for the morning, day, and night.
Wake up, sleepy head!! It’s time for school. Whether you’re headed to a school building or just the living room, it’s important to fill that tummy with some good nutrition.
According to kidshealth.org, “Skipping breakfast can make kids feel tired, restless, or irritable. In the morning, their bodies need to refuel for the day ahead after going without food for 8 to 12 hours during sleep. Their mood and energy can drop by midmorning if they don’t eat at least a small morning meal.”
Try to offer options that contain protein, fiber, or whole carbohydrates like fresh fruits, veggies, eggs, nuts, lean meats, or healthy grains. Young Living even has some great options for your morning routine.
NingXia Red is a powerful, whole-body supplement loaded with superfoods that support normal eye health, energy levels, and the immune system. It contains whole Ningxia wolfberry puree plus aronia, cherry, blueberry, plum, and pomegranate juices and extracts as well as Lemon, Orange, Yuzu, and Tangerine essential oils. As you can see, it’s packed with antioxidants and absolutely beneficial to you and your kids’ health.
Then there is the Einkorn line that includes Einkorn Flakes Cereal, Einkorn Granola, and Einkorn Pancake & Waffle Mix. Made with whole ancient grain einkorn and oat bran, Einkorn Flakes Cereal is crispy and lightly sweetened with coconut sugar. It also has higher levels of protein, trace minerals, and lower gluten levels than hybridized, modern wheat. The Einkorn Granola can be served hot or cold and is naturally sweetened by the combination of wolfberries, cranberries, cacao nibs, and coconut sugar – not overly processed ingredients like refined sugars, high-fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, and artificial flavors. The Einkorn Pancake and Waffle Mix combines ancient einkorn flour with other wholesome grains and legumes into an easy-to-use mix that can be substituted in a 1:1 ratio for all-purpose or whole-wheat flours .The addition of legume flour into this mix adds three grams of protein and two grams of fiber, contributing even more nutrition to the already-bountiful benefits of einkorn!
Another option is the Protein Power Bites. They make a great addition to a healthy breakfast or a quick pick-me-up snack in between classes. These little bites are packed with 6 grams of protein and lots of good-for-you ingredients like pea, almond, egg white, and grass-fed whey, providing the optimal balance between quick and long-term protein absorption. This Dual-Stage Protein Absorption provides your body with the right amount of protein at the absorption rate it needs to enhance recovery, help fight muscle fatigue, and fend off cravings to keep you going longer. And they taste amazing!
Before we move on, I want to mention two great supplements that are perfect for kids all year long – KidScents MightyVites and MightyZyme. MightyVites include a full range of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients that deliver whole-food multinutrient support to your child’s general health and well-being. Free of preservatives and artificial colors and flavors, these delicious, berry-flavored chewables give your children full nutritional support. It does not contain synthetic folic acid or additives like some other kids’ vitamins on the market. It is extracted using hot water and is no different than the folic acid that is produced when boiling broccoli.
MightyZyme chewables contain enzymes that naturally occur in the body that support and assist the digestive needs of growing bodies and the normal digestion of foods. Enzymes are required for your body to function properly because without enzymes you wouldn’t be able to breathe, swallow, drink, eat, or digest your food. Both of these supplements can help your child stay above the wellness line this school year and beyond.
Off to School
This school year your kids may be heading out the door or they might be heading to the “homeschool room” or the kitchen table. Either way, they will still need support. So let’s chat about a few things to have on hand.
First, make sure you have some Thieves Hand Sanitizer. It comes in two sizes – the larger one is perfect to have in the house to use as needed (and to refill the smaller ones) and the smaller one is perfect for on-the-go use in the car, the bus, in backpacks or purses, etc.
Thieves Hand Sanitizer
- Kills 99.9% of germs and eliminates common, harmful bacteria
- Formulated with powerful essential oils and plant-based ingredients
- Lightly moisturizes with aloe vera and vegetable glycerin
- Leaves no chemical residue behind
- Contains no petrochemicals, mineral oil, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, dyes, preservatives, or toxic ingredients
Next, make sure you have some Thieves Spray. This stuff is packed full of amazingness! You can use it at home on surfaces or toss it in a backpack or purse to be used on a desk or a toilet or anything else you might need to “Thieves” really quick!
- Cleans many different surfaces
- Contains naturally derived, plant-based ingredients
- Doesn’t require rinsing after use and has no harsh fumes
- Easy to throw in a backpack, purse, or luggage with its on-the-go size
- Safe to use around the whole family, including children and pets
Next up – Aroma Rings. These are such an incredible new way to use essential oils! An Aroma Ring is a soft silicone ring that fits comfortably on your nose or on your ear to deliver persistent aromatherapy for up to 6 hours. They currently come in two scents – Lavender and AromaEase. Lavender’s fresh, floral aroma provides balancing properties that help calm the mind and body, fight occasional nervous tension, and bring feelings of peaceful relaxation. AromaEase combines the aromas of Peppermint, Spearmint, Ginger, Cardamom, and Fennel into a breath of minty refreshment and rejuvenation. These would be perfect to wear under a mask or even just at home while the kids are studying.
Next, you need to have oils on hand! There are some incredible singles and blends that are known for their ability to support focus and alertness. There are also some that will help encourage a peaceful and calming atmosphere. Both are perfect for the homeschool study or in a classroom setting. Apply these oils below to the back of their neck, top of their head, and under their big toes (connects to the brain) or allow them to inhale these oils straight from the bottle or the diffuser. Here are a few to grab…
- Clarity: blends Basil, Rosemary, Peppermint, and other essential oils for an aroma that invites a sense of clarity and alertness
- GeneYus: this pre-diluted blend can promote feelings of grounding and clearness while simultaneously helping to ease feelings of occasional stress and distraction
- Brain Power: a blend of essential oils high in sesquiterpenes – including Sacred Sandalwood, Blue Cypress, and Frankincense – to promote a sense of clarity and focus when used aromatically
- Vetiver: great to diffuse in work and study areas because its diverse aroma helps create an uplifting environment
- Peppermint: can be diffused to create a stimulating, focused atmosphere for daily tasks
- Lemon: can be diffused to create a more focused environment and an uplifting atmosphere
- Lavender: has balancing properties that calm the mind and body
- Valor Roll-On: features a spicy, sweet, positive aroma that inspires confidence and courage
- Stress Away Roll-On: has an inviting aroma that helps calm the mind and provide a relaxing environment
Now that you and your kids have made it through the day, let’s talk about some things to implement during your nighttime routine to stay well this season. It’s so important that we ALL get good rest and support our bodies even while we sleep!
According to Rachel Dawkins, M.D., with Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, “Sleep is an essential part of everyone’s routine and an indispensable part of a healthy lifestyle. Studies have shown that kids who regularly get an adequate amount of sleep have improved attention, behavior, learning, memory, and overall mental and physical health. Not getting enough sleep can lead to high blood pressure, obesity and even depression.” Children from ages 6-12 should be getting 9-12 hours of sleep a night. Children from ages 13-18 should be getting 8-10 hours a night.
Establishing a consistent bedtime routine is important, ideally starting at the same time every night. Here are some tips to establish this healthy routine…
- Stop use of electronics/screens at least an hour before bed
- Read a short book or excerpt from a book
- Limit caffeine
- Take a warm bath
- Dim the lights
- Use your oils and supplements
You read that right – your oils and supplements should be part of your bedtime routine to help care for you and your kids’ bodies while resting. Here are a few to try…
- KidScents Unwind: a kid-friendly magnesium supplement that helps promote a calm state, reduces restlessness and eases occasional irritability and sleeplessness, and improves focus and mental clarity in the home and in the classroom
- KidScents MightyPro: a kid-friendly, great-tasting pre- and probiotic supplement that contains over 8 billion active, live cultures to support digestive and immune health
- Life 9: a proprietary, high-potency probiotic that combines 17 billion live cultures from nine beneficial bacteria strains and helps promote healthy digestion, supports gut health, as well as maintains normal intestinal function for the overall support of a healthy immune system (perfect for older children that can swallow capsules)
- Rutavala Roll-On: can be applied before bed to overcome negative feelings and lull the mind into a sense of comfort
- Tranquil Roll-On: supports sleep habits with its relaxing and comforting aroma, creates a calm body and mind with balancing properties, and eases occasional tension
- SleepyIze: this pre-diluted blend creates a peaceful aromatic environment to help children unwind and relax as part of a sleep routine
- Seedlings Calm: offers a sweet, calming, and soothing aroma – especially at bedtime
- Peace & Calming: a gentle, sweet blend of Ylang Ylang, Orange, Tangerine, Patchouli, and Blue Tansy – a perfect addition to a bedtime routine
- Lavender: has balancing properties that calm the mind and body; found in many blends including Stress Away, Tranquil, and RutaVaLa
So grab your diffuser and fill it up with your favorite sleepytime single or blend, take those supplements, and head to dreamland!
Below the Wellness Line
efore we end I want to make sure you have some tips and tricks on how to handle falling below the wellness line. Unfortunately, it’s part of life. However – it is how our bodies learn to “fight.” According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, “Once the body has come into contact with a disease-causing germ for the first time, it usually stores information about the germ and how to fight it. Then, if it comes into contact with the germ again, it recognizes the germ straight away and can start fighting it faster.” This is why it’s so vital that we continually support our immune systems, especially if they have been threatened and are in a weaker state.
One of my favorite things to do when anyone in our house is showing signs of going below the wellness line is a detox bath. This can be a great way to help restore the body thanks to the ingredients within. Himalayan pink salt removes toxins from the body through a process called reverse osmosis. It also contains very high levels of minerals – like magnesium, calcium, copper, iodine, iron, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, and zinc. Activated charcoal is also powerfully detoxifying. It also deodorizes, purifies and is anti-bacterial. Add in the essential oils and it’s a mix made with love that you and your kids are sure to enjoy. Be sure to drink plenty of water after a detox bath to help your body replenish and stay hydrated.
- ½ cup Himalayan pink salt
- ½ cup activated charcoal
- 3 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Frankincense
Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl or jar. When ready to use, add 3 TBSP to ¼ cup to a hot bath. Soak for at least 20-30 minutes.
After you or your kids have taken a soak, it’s important to oil up and use your supplements. Here are some great ones to have on hand…
- ImmuPro: provides zinc and selenium to support proper immune function along with other chelated minerals and delivers melatonin which encourages restful sleep by promoting the body’s natural sleep rhythm
- Inner Defense: reinforces systemic defenses, creates unfriendly terrain for yeast/fungus, promotes healthy respiratory function, and contains potent essential oils like oregano, thyme, and Thieves which are rich in thymol, carvacrol, and eugenol for immune support
- Mineral Essence: a balanced, full-spectrum ionic mineral complex enhanced with essential oils, which can be added to drinks or taken in multiple vegetable capsules
- Thieves Chest Rub: soothes your family’s sniffles, coughs, and congestion with a powerful blend of essential oils and natural, plant-based ingredients; safe for ages 2 and up
- Breathe Again Roll-On: supports the feeling of normal, clear breathing and creates a cooling, soothing sensation
- SniffleEase: can be diffused or applied directly to chests or throats; promotes feelings of health and assists in releasing feelings of discomfort as well as inspires calm breathing
- TummyGize: this pre-diluted blend naturally helps comfort tummy troubles with a blend of essential oils
- DiGize Vitality: helps support and cleanse the digestive system; includes antioxidant properties
- Thieves Vitality: supports the immune system, cleanses the digestive system, and contains antioxidant properties
- Copaiba Vitality: can be used to support general wellness
- Lemon Vitality: has antioxidant properties, supports the immune system, provides circulatory support, and contains cleansing properties
Schooltime brings a range of emotions – fear, anxiety, excitement, etc. Some children are afraid to jump into a new rhythm with new teachers and new friends. Some children are a little anxious about the new challenges that come with entering a new grade. Some children are overly excited and have trouble channeling that energy into something healthy and productive. And some parents even struggle with sending their kids into a territory of “unknown” – whether that’s in a school or in your home.
- How will my child react to this new situation?
- How will my child feel being around these new things?
- How will my child handle these new experiences?
Our children need support in this area and so do we! Do yourself a favor and gather your “oily supplies” and be prepared to handle anything that comes your way.
- Valor EO & Roll-On: features a spicy, sweet, positive aroma that inspires confidence and courage
- Peace & Calming EO & Roll-On: helps you tackle everyday stressors, soothes the spirit, & creates a peaceful environment
- White Angelica: helps you create a positive atmosphere and inspire feelings of security and optimism
- Stress Away EO & Roll-On: has an inviting aroma that helps calm the mind and provide a relaxing environment
- Believe: may encourage feelings of strength and faith
You can diffuse these oils or apply them topically. You could even add them to some diffuser jewelry or masks so your kids can enjoy them throughout the day. I encourage you to open some bottles and let your kids choose the oils that make them smile. Help them create a custom roller to keep on hand, one they can apply on their own. Try this recipe for starters!
Liquid Calm Roller
- 10 drops Lavender
- 3 drops Valor
- 3 drops Stress Away
- 2 drops Patchouli
- 2 drops Vetiver
Add oils to an empty 10 ml roller bottle and top with carrier oil of choice.
Lastly, you could grab some Aroma Rings to use or a Nature’s Ultra Calm CBD Roll-On (comes in 300 mg or 600 mg strength). If you have never looked into the CBD available through Young Living, it’s incredible! The Calm CBD Roll-On creates a peaceful environment that will help relax and quiet your mind. It contains 0.0% THC as well as a variety of YL essential oils – Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lavender, Orange, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang.
Back-to-School Diffuser Recipes
Diffusing vaporizes essential oils and gets them into the air so that we can breathe them in. Young Living provides us with cool mist ultrasonic diffusers so that the oils are protected from heat and retain their therapeutic properties, too! Diffusing also purifies the air, makes your home smell good without chemicals, and helps get those awesome oils into your lungs and to your brains. Simply add your essential oils drops to your diffuser, add water to the fill line, and start diffusing. Try these awesome recipes to help you and your kids enjoy this school year to the fullest.
- 3 drops Lemon
- 2 drops Clarity
- 2 drops Peppermint
- 3 drops Geranium
- 2 drops Bergamot
- 2 drops Lavender
- 3 drops Thieves
- 3 drops Citrus Fresh
Keep It Together
- 3 drops Peace & Calming
- 4 drops Orange
- 3 drops Stress Away
- 2 drops Valor
- 2 drops Idaho Grand Fir
- 4 drops Envision
- 4 drops Believe
These recipes could easily be turned into sprays by adding them to a 2 oz. spray bottle, along with a splash of witch hazel and distilled water. Let the kids spray their masks, their backpacks, their stuffed animals, whatever makes their heart happy. Enjoy!
Back-to-School Roller Recipes
Making up rollers is so convenient and helpful, especially during the school year. Simply add the essential oils to an empty 10 ml roller bottle (can be purchased from Amazon or other oil supply stores) and top with a carrier of your choice (YL’s V-6, fractionated coconut oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, etc.). Add a fun label or some washi tape to decorate and you’re ready to roll!
- 2 drops Lemon
- 2 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Peppermint
- 2 drops Copaiba
- 3 drops DiGize
- 2 drops Peppermint
- 3 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Roman Chamomile
- 1 drop Cedarwood
- 4 drops Peace & Calming
- 4 drops Stress Away
- 5 drops Lavender
- 5 drops Cedarwood
- 5 drops Vetiver
- 5 drops Thieves
- 3 drops Frankincense
- 3 drops Lemon
*contains photosensitive oils
Vitality & NingXia Red Recipes
Thankfully, Young Living has a line of essential oils that are safe to be consumed called the Vitality Line. They are the exact same oil as the “regular” bottle, just a different label to help you know which ones are safe to ingest. Not only are they backed by YL’s Seed to Seal quality commitment, they are all non-GMO certified. If your kids are old enough to swallow capsules, try these great recipes! If not, you can try them in drinks, yogurts, smoothies, etc.
‘Belly Buster’ Capsule
- 3 drops DiGize Vitality
- 3 drops Peppermint Vitality
- Carrier oil, if desired
- 3 drops Thieves Vitality
- 3 drops Lemon Vitality
- Carrier oil, if desired
‘Keep Calm’ Capsule
- 4 drops Frankincense Vitality
- 1 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality
- Carrier oil, if desired
I mentioned earlier that NingXia Red is an incredible antioxidant drink and is packed with superfoods to support overall wellness. Try these easy and delicious recipes with your kids to keep that nutrition high.
Wellness NingXia Red Shot
- 1 oz. NingXia Red
- 1 drop Thieves Vitality
- 1 drop Copaiba Vitality
PB & J Smoothie
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 T. almond butter
- 1/2 T. ground cinnamon
- 8 oz. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 oz. NingXia Red
Add all ingredients to blender and enjoy!
NingXia Red Gummies
- 1 cup organic juice
- ½ cup NingXia Red
- 4 T gelatin
- 3 T honey
- 4-6 drops Orange Vitality
- In a saucepan, heat juice and honey on low heat.
- When liquid is hot, add gelatin one tablespoon at a time. Use an immersion blender (or briskly whisk by hand) until gelatin is well-absorbed and thickened.
- Remove from heat and add essential oil.
- Pour into silicone molds and refrigerate until the gummies harden (about 3-4 hours).
- When firm, remove gummies from molds and enjoy! Store in a cool, dry place.
Thank you so much for reading back to school wellness and taking a look at what Young Living has to offer. I truly believe these oils and products need to be in every home, starting with yours and mine. This wellness lifestyle has been such a blessing and I know it can be for you too.