All About Lemon Essential Oil
Nothing smells cleaner than the bright, fresh scent of lemon. Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the rinds of lemons and has a bright, joyful aroma that smells like freshly picked fruit! It takes over 75 lemons to make one 15ml bottle of Lemon essential oil. Lemon oil can help eliminate odors, enhance your cleaners, and infuse your whole home with its cheerful and sweet lemon-drop scent. It can also benefit your skin and hair as much as the aroma enhances your environment. This oil is a key ingredient in many hair and skin care products, Thieves cleaning products, and essential oil blends such as Thieves, Citrus Fresh, Clarity, Joy and Harmony.
Young Living also offers Lemon Vitality, it is the same pure oil as the topical/aromatic counterpart, but is labeled specifically for internal use. Lemon Vitality is more than a zesty flavor you can add to dishes; it is also filled with antioxidant and cleansing properties that can help support a healthy immune system.
How Do You Use Lemon and Lemon Vitality Essential Oil?
- Diffuse Lemon’s refreshing scent to eliminate odors and invite a bright, sunny atmosphere into your home.
- It’s energizing, invigorating, and uplifting aroma can be used during times of occasional sadness. Try putting a few drops in your palm, place your hands over your nose, and take 5 deep breaths when you need an uplifting aroma.
- Lemon creates a more focused environment when diffused.
- Want that extra glow? Add Lemon to your nightly moisturizer to reduce the appearance of aging and for a radiant, youthful glow. Make sure to avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours
- Remove pesky adhesive labels and stickers with the help of a few drops.
- Keep your house extra fresh and clean by adding a few drops to Thieves Household Cleaner and your favorite DIYs.
- Get rid of odors in your kitchen by adding a few drops of Lemon oil in your sink and in your garbage disposal after you wash your dishes!
- Spruce up your jewelry using a Lemon essential oil-soaked cloth.
- Experience Lemon Vitality’s internal cleansing and immune supporting properties by flavoring your water with 1–2 drops each morning.
- Take advantage of Lemon Vitality’s circulatory support by taking 1–2 drops in a vegetarian gel capsule as a dietary supplement.
- When cooking, use Lemon Vitality to substitute any recipe that calls for lemon juice, lemon extract, or lemon zest for a powerful punch of flavor!
- Add a drop to your favorite fruit smoothies and enjoy Lemon Vitality’s antioxidant properties. You can also spray it on cut fruit to keep it from browning.
- Make treats your whole family will love without loads of added sugar by boosting the flavor with Lemon Vitality. Use Lemon Vitality to create custom vinaigrette’s or marinades to add a bright taste to salads or grilled meat and vegetables.
- Add Lemon Vitality to a tall glass of water for a fresh, antioxidant-infused drink to start your day.